Npower hires Axa's Britton to top marketing post
Npower has hired Axa marketer Debbie Britton to the post of director of customer marketing with a mandate to "rebuild trust" in the brand.
Npower: new marketing director Debbie Britton
Britton joins the energy company on 1 February from her role as strategic marketing director at insurer Axa UK, having previously held the position of head of marketing at Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.
She replaces Kevin Peake, who left Npower in August following 11 years with the brand, before subsequently joining Aviva as interim brand, sponsorship and corporate responsibility director.
Giuseppe Di Vita, managing director, customer markets at Npower, said: "Debbie joins the industry at a time when it faces many challenges on many different fronts.
"Perhaps our most important challenge is to re-engage with consumers to rebuild levels of trust. I have no doubt we have the team in place at Npower to begin that journey."
Last year, Npower rolled out a loyalty programme offering to reward consumers with exclusive deals from brands to which it provides energy services. The 'In Good Company' scheme provided deals from Caffe Nero, the Football League and the National Trust.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...