Direct Line Group recruits former HSBC marketer Evans
Insurer Direct Line Group has hired former HSBC marketer Mark Evans to the role of director of brand portfolio and partnerships, as the business bolsters its management team ahead of a divestment by parent company RBS.
Mark Evans: joining Direct Line Group
Evans, previously head of customer management, retail banking and wealth management at HSBC's UK operation, will report to chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks, who joined from British Gas in February. He began his career at Mars and has subsequently held marketing positions at 118118.
The group, which owns brands such as Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege, rebranded from RBS Insurance earlier this year, with RBS compelled sell the assets by the end of 2014 under the terms of its bail-out by the UK government in 2008.
Vlemmiks said the appointment would help Direct Line Group to "supercharge" its marketing strategy.
He said: "We've set ourselves various challenges which will enable us to better understand and segment our customers; accelerate the development of our best in class brands, and deliver superior performance through portfolio management."
Kerry Chilvers will continue in her role as marketing director for Direct Line and Green Flag, reporting to Vlemmiks. Last year, the company also hired Amanda Walker as head of marketing for Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag, and David Coutts as head of marketing for Direct Line.
In January, the insurer launched a new marketing strategy for its Churchill brand, with TV ads featuring its bulldog mascot, joined by actor Martin Clunes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant Major Players £18000 - £20000 per annum + flexible benefit package, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...