The Guardian sales surge after redesign
The Guardian's Berliner relaunch provided a dramatic 40 per cent sales increase on its first day of distribution.
Unofficial figures suggest that The Guardian put on the 40 per cent growth following the move to the smaller format, which was supported by a major advertising campaign through DDB London. The paper is in need of significant sales increases to offset the £80 million it has invested in the relaunch.
Carolyn McCall, the chief executive of Guardian Newspapers, said: "Early reports suggest we have had a fantastic first-day performance, with a minimum 40 per cent increase in our headline sale. We invested a huge amount in encouraging readers to reappraise the paper. This has exceeded our highest expectations. We are delighted."
The Guardian's average headline circulation for August was 341,689, suggesting that on Monday the newspaper could have sold more than 450,000 copies.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...