Hotels.com set to lift Euro comms
Hotels.com, the Expedia-backed online discount booking service, is significantly beefing up its PR across Europe as it bids to make its brand stand out in the fiercely competitive online travel-booking market.
The site, which claims to be the world's most-visited hotel-bookings portal, has called in Seventy Seven PR to manage UK PR.
The agency is now working with Hotels.com to advise on the appointment of agencies to cover France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Scandinavia.
Hotels.com EMEA head of PR Alison Couper, who joined in the newly created role in July, is overseeing the review and has only just kicked off talks with agencies on the Continent.
Rooster, QBO Bell Pottinger and Ketchum are all believed to have pitched against Seventy Seven for the UK contract.
Seventy Seven associate director James Gordon-MacIntosh is leading the account.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London