Online adspend set to top £1bn
Online advertising in the UK will become a £1bn industry by the end of the year, according to the Internet Advertising Bureau, which this week will announce that the medium has overtaken outdoor's share of overall adspend.
Brands spent £490m online in the first six months of 2005, an increase of 62% on the same period in 2004, giving rise to the prediction that it would break the £1bn barrier by the end of this year.
Online advertising represented 5.8% of the total advertising market for the first half of 2005, beating outdoor's 5.1% share and radio's 3.6% share, which online overtook at the end of 2004.
The half-year figures are collated by the IAB in conjunction with PricewaterhouseCoopers and the World Advertising Research Centre and are viewed as the definitive measure of the online advertising industry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Business Development Manager - Augmented #AR Reality Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 per annum + OTE Commission & Package, England
- Financial Client Service Director Elizabeth Norman International £10000 - £60000 Per Annum, London
- Head of Business Developement Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £100000 Per Annum, London