Vodafone £100m revamp faces legal challenge
The £100m launch of Vodafone's latest brand slogan, 'now', may be dealt a blow after a UK broadband company of the same name warned it was consulting its lawyers over the operator's plans.
'Now', which replaces the long-running 'How are you?' line, will appear in UK ads for Vodafone across outdoor, TV, print and online from this week. The work, which introduces the strapline 'Make the most of now', is intended to act as a brand platform for Vodafone (Marketing, 21 September).
It is understood that now broadband, a subsidiary of Asian telecom giant PCCW, has been upset by Vodafone's plan, which comes just one month after the wireless broadband service launched in London, supported by a radio and outdoor campaign.
Keith Hawkins, senior vice-president of sales and marketing at now's parent, UK Broadband, said it was holding internal talks about Vodafone's campaign, but would not confirm what course of action it was planning to take.
'Now', developed jointly by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and JWT, will be used to promote Vodafone's operations in 13 countries.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- SENIOR CREATIVE LEAD - LUXURY ONLINE BRAND Success Digital £40000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst - Client Side Salt £35000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits , London