Vodafone £100m revamp faces legal challenge
The £100m launch of Vodafone's latest brand slogan, 'now', may be dealt a blow after a UK broadband company of the same name warned it was consulting its lawyers over the operator's plans.
'Now', which replaces the long-running 'How are you?' line, will appear in UK ads for Vodafone across outdoor, TV, print and online from this week. The work, which introduces the strapline 'Make the most of now', is intended to act as a brand platform for Vodafone (Marketing, 21 September).
It is understood that now broadband, a subsidiary of Asian telecom giant PCCW, has been upset by Vodafone's plan, which comes just one month after the wireless broadband service launched in London, supported by a radio and outdoor campaign.
Keith Hawkins, senior vice-president of sales and marketing at now's parent, UK Broadband, said it was holding internal talks about Vodafone's campaign, but would not confirm what course of action it was planning to take.
'Now', developed jointly by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and JWT, will be used to promote Vodafone's operations in 13 countries.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury