Vodafone £100m revamp faces legal challenge
The £100m launch of Vodafone's latest brand slogan, 'now', may be dealt a blow after a UK broadband company of the same name warned it was consulting its lawyers over the operator's plans.
'Now', which replaces the long-running 'How are you?' line, will appear in UK ads for Vodafone across outdoor, TV, print and online from this week. The work, which introduces the strapline 'Make the most of now', is intended to act as a brand platform for Vodafone (Marketing, 21 September).
It is understood that now broadband, a subsidiary of Asian telecom giant PCCW, has been upset by Vodafone's plan, which comes just one month after the wireless broadband service launched in London, supported by a radio and outdoor campaign.
Keith Hawkins, senior vice-president of sales and marketing at now's parent, UK Broadband, said it was holding internal talks about Vodafone's campaign, but would not confirm what course of action it was planning to take.
'Now', developed jointly by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and JWT, will be used to promote Vodafone's operations in 13 countries.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive, London, up to £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London