Vodafone £100m revamp faces legal challenge
The £100m launch of Vodafone's latest brand slogan, 'now', may be dealt a blow after a UK broadband company of the same name warned it was consulting its lawyers over the operator's plans.
'Now', which replaces the long-running 'How are you?' line, will appear in UK ads for Vodafone across outdoor, TV, print and online from this week. The work, which introduces the strapline 'Make the most of now', is intended to act as a brand platform for Vodafone (Marketing, 21 September).
It is understood that now broadband, a subsidiary of Asian telecom giant PCCW, has been upset by Vodafone's plan, which comes just one month after the wireless broadband service launched in London, supported by a radio and outdoor campaign.
Keith Hawkins, senior vice-president of sales and marketing at now's parent, UK Broadband, said it was holding internal talks about Vodafone's campaign, but would not confirm what course of action it was planning to take.
'Now', developed jointly by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and JWT, will be used to promote Vodafone's operations in 13 countries.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire