Senior Category and Innovation Manager - Gifting
Job Title: Senior Category and Innovation Manager - Gifting
Salary Range: £32,000-£50,000
Closing Date: 20th April 2012
The Body Shop is looking for a Senior Category and Innovation (C&I) Manager to join a global role within the International Brand team to look after the Gifting category, developing key seasonal events and the Gifting products to support.
In The Body Shop Gifting is one of the 3 "Famous For" categories alongside Skincare and Body Care and is crucial to the overall health of the business. This is a unique opportunity to work for the original natural and ethical beauty brand at a particularly exciting time in our development.
This role is responsible for defining the strategy and the vision for various key gifting events alongside the C&I Director, bringing to life and articulating the concepts both internally and in the customer facing mechanisms which drive the business. The role is pivotal in driving these projects forward liaising across multiple functions including Sourcing, Supply Chain, Copy Approval and other operational areas
Working alongside an internal studio the Senior C&I Manager is responsible for briefings and the progress of projects through the creative journey. They are also responsible for the 360 degree activation plan, liaising with functions such as Customer Relationship Management, Digital, PR and Social Media to sure we talk directly to the customer in a strong and impactful way across all touch points
Fundamental to this role is building strong links across the 66 markets in which we have a Brand presence. Understanding the specific needs of the customers in these markets and delivering events which hit the mark time after time.
Experience in new product development or marketing for Beauty, Fashion or luxury brands will be strongly preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop the gifting strategy for key seasonal gifting events alongside the Category and Innovation Director
- To deliver strong creative product and event concepts which bring the strategy to life
- To ensure thorough and up to date understanding of both customer need and competitor landscape
- To develop the gifting assortments, liaising cross functionally with sourcing, supply chain and project managers
- To drive the total activation/marketing plans for key gifting events across all channels
- Selling in the ranges to the company markets
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Solid marketing experience, with strong brand sensitivity
- Experience in consumer marketing
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Strategic vision and ability to step back from operational to see the "big picture"
- Commercially "aware"
- Positive "can do" attitude with strong resilience and team spirit
- Agile with problem solving ability
- Experience in developing and bringing to life creative concepts
- Drives Customer Connection
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
- Sensitivity to Beauty The Body Shop way