Business Developer/Marketing Manager Contract
Our client is one of the UK’s leading independent corporate reporting agencies. They help all types of businesses – from large global organisations to FTSE small caps – to build greater confidence and trust with their investors and other key stakeholders. Our client is looking to hire a Business Developer/Marketing Manager.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for implementing campaigns to secure new business opportunities for the agencies Corporate Reporting from our targeted prospects base.
The agencies business development activities are focused on both push and pull promotional strategies designed to build the agencies position as thought leaders in the market and generate high quality new business enquiries.
The agency is very active in promoting our business and make a significant investment in research, thought
leadership events and promotional materials which are used to support the business development activities.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for profiling prospect requirements; managing the corporate reporting prospect database; securing attendees and managing breakfast briefings and annual corporate reporting events; building mailing lists and implementing targeted mailing campaigns; following up on mailings and new business enquires and supporting the new business pitch process.
– Director of Research and Strategy
Working closely with:
– Research team
– Account management teams
– Creative teams
– Digital teams
Below is a list of the key tasks which the Business Development Manager would typically be engaged with.
Prospecting and database management
– On a timely basis, contact target companies to identify key decision makers responsible for corporate reporting projects and establish if they are conducting agency reviews.
– Implement timely mailing programmes to target prospects and contact them to secure credential meetings or inclusion in pitch processes.
– Follow up on tactical opportunities, enquiries or site registrations in order to ascertain needs, and if necessary, make appointments for director’s to attend.
– Nurture and maintain on-going relationships with prospects via telephone or mailings.
– Ensure that all call-backs are made by their due date.
– Keep Act Sales Database up to date in a timely and accurate manner.
New business meetings, pitches and presentations
– Source all necessary background reference material necessary to aid preparation for the new business
meetings and proposals.
– Prepare detailed meeting briefs outlining contact history and meeting requirements.
– Brief presentation teams on meeting requirements in a timely manner.
– Manage all aspects of the meeting logistics including confirmations, presentation equipment, setting
up and transportation.
– Prepare all first drafts of new business proposals and presentations.
– Keep abreast of new business opportunities through the national and trade press and attend industry
Seminars and events
– Manage the invitation process for all the agencies events ensuring that agreed invitees are invited and,
where possible, attend events.
– In conjunction with the research team participate in the planning and organisation of the agencies events and on the day trouble shoot where necessary and ensure that everything goes according to plan.
– Take ownership for the preparation and management of events, the logistics for events where we are
exhibiting, including if necessary, manning the stand and following up all enquiries post the event.
– Attend and network at industry events and seminars on an ongoing bases.
– Follow up on business development opportunities as required.
Managing the marketing budget
– Manage the corporate reporting annual marketing budget ensuring all projects are delivered on time and
– Prepare regular budget reconciliations and monitor expenditure against set budgets.
– Assess the impact of our spend against different activities to understand the ROI.