Email Marketing Coordinator, EU
Blurb is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb offers a full suite of free bookmaking tools, online book promotion tools, and an online bookstore where authors can sell their books and keep 100% of their profit. Blurb is known for high-quality, creative range, and beautiful books.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb has served more than one million customers and in 2011, Blurb shipped 1.8 million books to more than 69 countries and territories. In 2010, Blurb was ranked the fastest growing media company on the Inc. 500.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
If you’re interested in rolling up your sleeves and joining the team, keep reading.
We’re searching for an email marketing pro to drive the execution and analysis of email campaigns.
On a daily basis, the candidate will need to plan campaign schedules, interface with designers, perform list segmentation, and report campaign results to managers. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and resourceful individual with 2-3 years of relevant experience, seeking an opportunity within a fast-paced start up. Must have a strong quantitative background, the ability to manage multiple projects and strong attention to detail.
You will report to the Managing Director, in our London office.
- Drive EU email marketing, execution, and analysis (working closely with a small, expert team in the US)
- Work with marketing teams across Europe to develop targets for campaigns. Select target groups and manage delivery of emails to those groups
- Optimise marketing strategy based on statistically valid analyses
- Manage email creative development timelines
- Manage relationship with external vendor (RightNow) to deploy and manage email programs
- Develop reports and present results and insights to drive action
- Continuously identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of our customer marketing, improving ROI and customer experience
The Right Person
- Ideally educated to degree level with 2+ yrs experience in email marketing (preferably in a business recognised for excellence at customer marketing)
- Good feel for metrics and numbers at a granular level, especially conversion rates and ROI
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL a plus) and segmentation
- Basic email HTML skills and familiar with working within email marketing tools, ideally RightNow
- Working knowledge of email technology (landing pages, drip marketing, Google Analytics tracking, optimising etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Statistics essential (the stronger the better but you need to be able to communicate well with less numerate people!)
- Nice to have: e-commerce background and language skills, but not essential.
How to apply
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!