Blurb EU Marcomms Manager (Full time – based in London)
Blurb is a company and a community that believes passionately in the power of books: making, reading, sharing, and selling them. For anyone with a story to tell – whether through photographs, words, illustrations, or any combination of those things – Blurb gives you the tools to put your best work into a print or digital book. We’re also a marketing platform – we give you the tools to market your books, set your own price, and keep 100% of the markup. We handle the back-end order processing and fulfillment, allowing you to focus on your great ideas, and creating brilliant books. Not bad, huh?
You’re getting us at just the right time too. With millions of books produced for over 1 million customers and a global footprint that extends to 74 countries, Blurb continues to experience high growth and profitability amidst challenging economic times. Blurb is a private, VC-backed company. If you’re ready to dive right in, get dirty, work hard and have fun, keep reading.
In this role you will be responsible for the production and planning of all of EU marketing communications across all channels and customer segments as well as web content management. A key skill will be the ability to distill our desired messaging and value propositions into channel-specific marcomms material (especially for digital use). You will also be responsible for managing and developing a team, making sure they perform to the highest possible standards and deliver high quality, integrated, marketing campaigns on time and within budget. Whilst overall Brand direction is driven from the US, there is a great deal of local autonomy and scope for creativity.
Responsibilities will include:
• Production of Marcomms (digital and physical) for all channels, segments and territories in the EU (currently in 7 languages)
• Manage an internal team covering design and content and an array of external relationships to ensure on-time, high-quality execution
• Content management of EU-specific web pages
• Lead the overall EU planning process, work with channel and territory owners to develop a cohesive multi-channel plan. Make sure we anticipate peak times.
• Work with US teams to ensure plans are integrated, adherence to brand guidelines and re-purposing/transcreation of collateral where possible
• Produce or procure high-quality mutilingual content that delivers across all channels
• Work with stakeholders to continuously improve the quality of creative briefs, sharing learning from previous campaigns to improve future ones
• Ensure test and learn is integrated into all campaign planning
• Manage budget for content creation and transcreation
The right person
The ideal candidate in this role will have 5+ years work experience in online business, some of which will have been managing multi-channel digital marketing campaigns. You will have an impressive record of marketing communications work and experience as a copywriter. Results driven and with strong attention to detail, you will be a team builder with a hands-on approach to management.
• Significant copywriting experience
• Delivery of multi-channel digital campaigns
• Understanding of PR, online and print design, social media
• Experience with content management
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
Nice to have:
• European languages (either first or second tongue) – we are a small, multi-cultural team covering a lot of territories so the more of them we have represented in the team, the better
• Understanding of HTML and content management systems (we use Drupal)