Marketing Assistant - (Global Shopping Brand) - London
MARKETING ASSISTANT - (GLOBAL SHOPPING BRAND) - LONDON
A Marketing Assistant is needed to join a global eCommerce and TV retailer based in Chiswick, London (Piccadilly/District tube lines). Supporting the Events and PR Executives you will provide the essential input that ensures marketing campaigns run smoothly. Read on...
With sales of over $8bn and operations in countries across the globe, this household name eCommerce / TV retailer employ 17,000 people worldwide and are ranked as one of the world's top multimedia shopping companies in terms of both viewers and revenue. Continuing to experience exciting levels of growth, they are now seeking a Marketing Assistant to join the team based out of their purpose-built, contemporary media and commerce centre in West London.
Reporting to the Customer Events Executive and Senior PR Executives the Marketing Assistant will undertake a busy hands-on role supporting the team. With your time split between planning and running customer events and externally promoting the brand, products and TV Presenters, you will get to support a busy marketing team whilst working on many exciting marketing projects (at once).
Expect a diverse role where one day you could be co-ordinating registration for events, assembling goody bags or planning brand workshops, the next, liaising with a PR agency, supporting the PR team on product launches or sending out samples to journalists.
To qualify... Combining a good understanding of Marketing with the enthusiasm to progress, you will need to be a Marketing Assistant who can demonstrate:
- A good track record within a similar Marketing role.
- Excellent communication skills, with a natural ability to deal with customers and connect with people.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to juggle several projects at once and meet deadlines.
- The ability to remain organised whilst working on many projects at once.
- A high level of numeracy, IT literacy and a meticulous approach to detail.
- A creative eye, with the ability to critique artwork and ensure all design adheres to brand guidelines.
- Good level of computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- They are a pro-active, self starter, with ability to ‘get the job done’.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working in a small team.
- An education to degree level (or equivalent).
Any previous experience of working within an Events or PR role is advantageous.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will play a key role within a fun and dynamic Global Blue Chip so expect a great working environment with plenty of challenges, opportunities, benefits and rewards. Get in touch...
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the Marketing sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular Marketing Assistant campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client’s requirements) we will email you with the client’s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.