Regional Digital Account Manager
The Regional Digital Account Manager, Asia is responsible for managing the transactional digital business across the region. This position coordinates strategic efforts and special projects around the region including guiding territories in strategic digital initiates, assisting in the budgeting & forecasting process and developing internal and external presentations for Senior Executives as well as supporting the Regional VPs. She/he will work closely with the Worldwide Digital Distribution team in Culver City, the Commercial team in London and the appropriate Country Manager for each region to ensure all digital activities are fully aligned with customer objectives and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s (SPHE) overall business strategies.
The Regional Digital Account Manager position, based in Hong Kong, reports into the Vice President of Commercial, Asia with a dotted-line report to the Vice President of Digital Distribution, Asia-Pacific (based in Culver City).
The role requires a combination of business acumen and exceptional oral and written skills coupled with analytical and light financial expertise. The ideal candidate will be delivery focused, hands-on and involved in the details of projects as well as the day-to-day operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the fast growing Digital team!
Regional Digital Account Manager, Asia
Trade Marketing and Promotions
- Manage the overall day-to-day relationship with clients (includes such partners as residential video on demand accounts and regional iTunes). Primary duties include:
-Negotiating best possible promotional positioning for content in the digital space based on market and partner characteristics and trends
-Supplying content in accordance with contractual requirements
-Monitoring trends in performance
-Track content performance
-Allocate marketing funds (as available) and monitor spend vs. account performance
- Work with the Home Entertainment & Television Commercial teams to determine appropriate programs, promotional prices and placement in order to maximize digital sales within each account
-Develop a promotional calendar for digital accounts to coordinate activities with other accounts
- Work closely with the Marketing teams to ensure approvals and support for specific customer focused marketing activities and account exclusive offers
Digital Customer Management
- Manage a portfolio of digital accounts for customer profitability and prioritize commercial activities by region with key accounts
- Assist in setting revenue forecasts for digital accounts. Provide regular updates and tracking on account and content performance and recommend action as appropriate to ultimately improve sales, margin, and share of customer business
- Ensure all content is clear for use on the approved platforms through liaising with appropriate digital teams and the relevant country managers
- Develop joint plans with accounts and agreeing to guidelines for execution
-Coordinate closely with the Digital Distributions & Operations, Commercial Licensing and various departments within Home entertainment and Television
- Manage and track market activity and developments across the region. Build in-depth knowledge of the digital media space in each territory. Track and monitor what competing distributors are doing and what propositions are available within each market
- Drive the development of common account management tools such as joint planning tools or sales aids
- Conduct regular product presentations and business reviews for each account with support from
- Commercial teams
- 2+ years in sales, account management, operations or commercials with some or all of that experience in a digital-specific business
- Experience in digital distribution within an entertainment, content licensing or other company engaging in digital licensing
- A high standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong client and internal relationships
- Experience with and knowledge of Asian digital distribution business and traditional home entertainment business
-Understanding of clearances for long form and clips for digital media exploitation, as well as a good understanding of the editorial and compliance issues surrounding providing content to the digital platforms a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, planning and analytical capability
- Knowledge of and interest in existing digital entertainment businesses, usage models, and future offerings
- MS Office Suite, Excel proficiency required
- Fluent in English/Additional regional language speaker a plus
Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV, current and expected salary, and notice period to:
Sony Pictures Television (HK) Ltd.
21/F., Cityplaza Three,
14 Taikoo Wan Road
Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.