Account Planning Manager - Media Company
A leading multi-channel media company is urgently seeking a highly experienced client planning manager to join their successful and expanding organisation. This is a brand new position in a new department. The right candidate will have plenty opportunity to develop within the company and mould, shape and make the role their own. A competitive salary package is on offer including a generous bonus scheme.
The role of the Planning Manager will be to act as the consumer voice using consumer research, observation and data to identify audience trends and behaviour and to create compelling audience/consumer propositions for clients.
The role will deliver audience and consumer insights through a combination of market data, research, marketing, brand and product knowledge in order to achieve to commercial objectives.
- To provide strategic thinking & consumer understanding which will drive advertising revenue and provide a point of differentiation for the business and the brands.
- To present innovative thinking and ideas which will position the brands as industry thought leaders.
- To be able to create stories around consumer mind-sets and behaviours.
- To identify emergent trends through the synthesis of research data from a number of sources.
- To be able to identify and qualify commercial opportunities through the application of research and consumer insights.
- To develop hypotheses based on insights that will challenge marketing plans and identify new relevant opportunities.
- To mine existing research and data sources to stimulate or provoke new ideas or thinking.
- To build a function reputation for penetrating fact-based initiatives/ideas/insights that align with the client value drivers.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with an understanding of how to communicate ideas and to a range of senior stakeholders.
- Success in building strong, trusted relationships with external clients and opinion-formers.
- Experienced in providing an analytical and creative approach to generating advertising revenues and understanding the various research methodologies, including qualitative, quantitative, behavioural, web analytics and empirical data.
- Understanding of how consumers interact and engage with media content and to provide innovative approaches to tackling cross -portfolio and cross media initiatives.
- Ability to work in autonomously and with the ability to challenge and clarify brief objectives and deliverables.