Senior Digital Designer
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, as well as 400 schools and offices in over 50 countries and we employ over 34,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
Our international team is looking for an experienced Senior Digital Designer for our in-house marketing team. The ideal candidate is an absolute wizard in Adobe Creative Suite, has proven experience designing web interfaces, and even knows their way around our old friends HTML and CSS. The Digital Designer will design interfaces from scratch, spruce up some of our existing materials, help lead our transition from desktop to mobile, and even moonlight on some print projects. You should live, eat and breathe design.
Simply put, if you dream in pixels and see colors in RGB then we need to talk.
Our set up:
As a Senior Digital Designer you’ll report directly to our Digital Art Director and guide a team of young and talented (even if we do say so ourselves) designers. You’ll also collaborate directly with copywriters and our development team to make sure we’re all telling the same story.
- Skillfully design a range of online marketing materials, from campaign sites to banner ads
- Get your hands dirty with wireframes, UX oversight and website layouts
- Work as a key member of our Online Creative team on creative design concepts and campaigns
- Confidently present your designs and concepts to internal stakeholders
- Effectively project manage your own tasks and projects to meet deadlines
You absolutely must:
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a Swiss/EU passport or Swiss ‘B’ work permit
You definitely should have:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in graphic design with several years specifically dedicated to creating user-friendly web interfaces
- A passion for web design (duh)
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Lots of good ideas and the work ethic to see them all the way through to launch
- A love for travel and experience in international environments
We we would also really love it if you:
- Have solid agency experience
- Have experience mentoring junior designers
- Boast a good understanding of web standards and browser discrepancies and limitations
- Know your way around responsive and/or mobile design
- Can ski or snowboard. This being Switzerland, we sometimes hold meetings aboard ski lifts
Kindly submit a link to you online portfolio and your CV and Cover Letter (in English) in PDF format. Only applications with an impressive portfolio will be considered.