QA/Test Manager for Digital Comms Agency
Our client is a leading design communications agency with offices in Edinburgh, Birmingham and London. They are currently on the lookout for a QA/Test Manager to join the London office. This is an important hire as the QA/test manager will be responsible for leading the development of their digital testing procedures and processes. This role will involve setting up of the testing environment and working with the technical and project management teams to deliver industry leading testing procedures.
Successful candidates will:
* Take responsibility for testing their front end and back end global web solutions
* have a background in all aspects of application testing, from manual unit testing through to designing and implementing automated test solutions, load and performance testing solutions and managing beta test, in both team-oriented Agile and waterfall environments
* Possess experience in delivering process and testing in a multiple device and browser environment.
The role requires an understanding of the application development process, execution environments, performance measurement, security vulnerabilities, tool selection and utilisation, and network infrastructure awareness.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
* Reviewing functional and non-functional requirements and creating test cases (usability or functionality)
* Specifying and executing manual and automated test cases.
* Developing, implementing and executing the test strategies and test plans.
* Testing of user interfaces, business logic, web services, database storage, batch processes, performance and security
* Analysing, creating, and executing of test cases within Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) projects
* When necessary, building and executing load and performance testing strategies.
* Issue tracking management and resolution
Skills and qualifications
* Computer Sciences Degree or equivalent.
* Experience of working as part of an Agile team (e.g. Scrum, XP)/Waterfall team and Test Driven Development.
* Experience in testing in multiple devices environment (PC/Tablet/mobile)
* Full Performance Testing Lifecycle exposure and understanding.
* Knowledge of market leading performance tools, monitoring and diagnostics.
* Solid understanding of test automation principles and test frameworks.
* Strong experience of Version control and defect tracking systems.
* Experience of using CMS systems
* Experience in emulator and real device testing