Our client is retail marketing agency who works with clients to deliver creative commercial content. Their work ranges from magazines to online to instore to media – fully integrated and multi-channel and multi-disciplinary. They work with clients to create and deliver ideas which engage the customer, attract 3rd party/supplier funding and deliver revenue and brand value. They are presently searching for a creative lead to join their growing team.
Purpose of the role:
The Creative Lead is responsible for the creative output of point of sale material, promotions and flyers for set Accounts, with oversight of the creative team and creative processes and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the profitability and creative quality of client projects, and the operational readiness of the creative team, all in fulfillment of our brand promise to our clients and in support of prevailing company objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Leading the creative function of the POS, promotions and flyers on key accounts, so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style support client expectations
• Ensuring that the creative function operates in an efficient, profitable manner through managing the art direction, design, copywriting and production of projects.
• Ensuring that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition
• Ensuring that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining
consistently high standards through quality control – including proofing, reviewing and measuring performance amongst the team
• Delivering strategic communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
• Listening, asking, prioritising and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales
• Collaborating and contributing to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the account team
•Co-leading the unified creative/account management process in order to execute on client projects
• Writing and presenting cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches
• Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
• Approve all creative briefs before being briefed into creative team
• Ensuring the professional development and readiness of the creative team
• Managing the evolution of the agency’s technology needs and marketing technology and digital marketing capabilities.
• Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for creative team attitude, behaviour, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly.
• Work within the Employee Handbook and ethical standards and ensure the creative team knows and follows those standards.
• Direct the activities and professional development of creative team members, including conducting staff reviews, taking corrective actions and recommending promotions
• Study the creative marketplace, assessing where our clients’ work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work.
• Drive constant improvement in our creative quality and capabilities.
• With the Account Director, assure that internal and client presentations are on time, professional,
· Good team playing skills, with the ability to work alone and use own initiative.
· Calm under pressure with the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
· Superior leadership and collaboration skills
· Superior problem solving and decision-making skills
· Excellence in managing and motivating staff
· Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skill
· Credibility and ability to be a complete advocate and ambassador for the company.
· Enthusiastic, positive and diligent.
· Tenacious and self-motivated to drive projects through to completion.
· Commercially astute & professional.
· Flexible – ‘can do’ attitude.
· Conscientious and disciplined.
· Sense of humour.