Director, Digital Marketing
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek achievers, leaders and visionaries.
Joining the online team at our European head office, you will enable Nikestore.com to both reach/exceed revenue goals and build the Nike brand by maximizing efficiency in online marketing channels and allocating the demand creation budget by channel and by country.
- Define and execute the overall online marketing strategy for Western Europe
- Drive growth in all traffic vehicles (both paid and unpaid), to ensure traffic volumes meet Nike’s strategic growth priorities across multiple markets within Western Europe
- Identify & execute strategies that provide a long term path for continuous improvement in efficiencies of paid marketing spend
- Deepen relationships with our consumers via 1:1 marketing channels to drive loyalty and repeat purchase.
- Drive alignment across multiple divisions and ensure NikeStore marketing priorities map to the larger strategic objectives of Nike
- Ensure team is integrated into seasonal planning processes to support the key initiatives product launches and sports moments.
- Work closely with Nike’s Global online marketing function to ensure execution of a coordinated strategy across multiple markets
- Develop new approaches to connect with consumers including leading Nike’s evolving social marketing strategies for the Western Europe retail business.
Manage the online marketing team
- Manage the team responsible for driving traffic to NikeStore.com, including social, email, SEO, affiliates, paid search & display advertising
- Oversee selection and management of vendors and agencies that support the team’s activities
- Partner with the analytics team to analyze weekly, monthly and quarterly reports: draw insights, help the team identify optimization tactics, adjust strategy
- Provide mentoring, role clarity and development opportunities for team members to help them continue to expand their capabilities
- 8+ years of work experience in online marketing; strong background in e-commerce required. Strong understanding of online marketing in an e-commerce setting, ideally with previous experience managing online marketing for a multichannel retailer, combining both online and offline success criteria.
- Experience managing social marketing channels.
- Familiarity with managing and optimizing online marketing to differentiate between acquisition and retention activities, minimizing cost per customer acquired while executing strategies to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Previous experience managing online marketing professionals in a corporate (not just agency) setting; track record of helping drive professional growth of team members. Ability to lead a diverse group of marketing professionals. Passionate about the career growth of team members.
- Experience with managing budgets and having a proven record of demonstrating strong return on investment is critical.
- Ability to effectively create strong relationships with coworkers across functions and geographies and leverage both internal and external resources.
- Detailed understanding of the relevant enabling technology, from pixels to data feeds to adserving. Exceptionally strong analytical skills & proven capability to use data to drive business decisions & marketing optimization.
- Strong understanding of web analytics best practices and available data relevant to marketing optimization.
This role is based at our European head office near Amsterdam. Nike offers a comprehensive relocation package.
At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button