|Business Type - Agency, In-house / Client-side|
|Sector - Publishing, B2B|
|Specialism - Creative, Content & Web Management, Digital|
|Salary - Depending on experience|
Business Type - Agency, In-house / Client-side
Sector - Publishing, B2B
Specialism - Creative, Content & Web Management, Digital
Salary - Depending on experience
Filming media experts at Google, compiling data on the health of the newspaper industry and charting the life span of Volkswagen, Adidas and Sky are just some of the day to day tasks of a Brand Republic Group web producer.
The division includes online brands BrandRepublic.com, Campaignlive.co.uk, Marketingmagazine.co.uk, MediaWeek.co.uk and PRWeek.com. These industry leading and award winning titles are digital first publications. They serve the advertising, media, marketing and PR industries, breaking exclusive news and producing an extensive portfolio of feature, analysis and data driven content.
As a web producer you will work across all of these titles as well as collaborating with commercial teams to develop sponsored and client content. The web producer team provides digital support, expertise and training to all levels of editorial staff. The remit includes translating print content for a digital audience as well as creating original online content such as interactives, video and data driven features.
This is a great opportunity to build on existing digital skills and further develop talents with on the job training provided.
The group’s web producer team aims to be agile advocates, continually adapting to changing digital landscapes and trying out new technologies. We work collaboratively as well as taking ownership over some digital sections and projects.
What you'll do
This is a role for an enthusiastic web producer or recent graduate in a digital field. Proven digital experience is essential, but this could include running your own website or blog – anything that lets your natural enthusiasm for all things digital shine through.
Your main area of focus will be data and interactive content development. You will be encouraged to find new ways of presenting our extensive database which includes adspend data, agency top line figures, media spend and forecasts as well as sector insight data.
Alongside this you’ll collaborate on wider projects with opportunities to train in video production and develop digital journalism skills.
Working in a fast paced news environment, you will, where necessary:
- Work towards providing our users with the best possible online experience
- Be confident working with code and developing interactive content
- Come up with great ideas and help resolve website issues
- Work with our customised CMS, Brightcove platform, Photoshop and social media platforms
- Be able to communicate effectively in a team, passing on ideas and new ways of working
- Support development of mobile sites and apps
A flavour of recent projects:
PR Week's 29 under 29
Power 100: The UK's top marketers
Agency of the Year 2012
What you’ve done:
- A proven background in website development and maintenance
- Experience taking content and using it in interesting ways online
- Good understanding of SEO and analytics an advantage
- Experience working with raw data and databases
- Experience with Photoshop and basic picture manipulation
- An evident interest in journalism and publishing
Tools of your trade
Some of the things you’ll know…
- Basic design skills an advantage
- Experience using social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest
- Confident using both a Mac and PC as well as fully competent on the Microsoft Office package
Some of the things you’ll be pretty adept with…
- Sharing ideas and problem solving
- Working efficiently to tight deadlines
- Exploring new digital developments independently then feeding back to the team
Who are you?
We are all about the people…
- Haymarket stands for quality but is also a challenging and rewarding environment - a can-do attitude is vital
- Fun, energetic and passionate
- Quick learner
- A ‘creative scientist’
- Confident and self-sufficient
How to get the job…
- Bring some great work to show off
- Express strong views about our online brands
- Be full of ideas and thoughts about the online world
We’ll be pleased to give you….
- Remuneration dependent upon experience
- 25 days a year holiday + an extra day off per year of service
- 9:30am start time.
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you’re already an established player, why not come and join this influential publisher, with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth, expansion and exciting challenges?