Digital Platforms Manager
Our digital platforms are rapidly becoming a core part of our campaign, mobilisation and fundraising programmes. This new post will be responsible for developing and maintaining Greenpeace UK’s presence on a variety of digital platforms, including the Greenpeace UK website. This post will be crucial in developing the strategic roadmap for those platforms to ensure they are helping us meet organisational and campaigning objectives.
Greenpeace has always been at the forefront of digital innovation in our sector and you will be instrumental in maintaining that success.
Working closely with the rest of the organisation, you will contribute to our digital strategy, bringing your cutting-edge knowledge of technical developments and devising innovative solutions to help achieve our organisational goals.
The post is fast paced and you’ll need to be independent and an innovative thinker who is happy working on everything from strategy, project management, finding technical solutions and organising staff training. Quite often, all of these may crop up on a daily basis.
With cross-organisational support for development of our digital innovation, this is an exciting time to join us.
You will need…..
- Experience in managing complex development projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in managing CMS development projects, preferably on the Drupal platform
- Working knowledge (in a project context) of code management systems, preferably Github
- Preferably experience of working in a non-profit or campaigning environment
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of briefing and managing external consultants
- Knowledge of information architecture, user experience design, and usability issues and techniques.
- Strong communication skills
Lastly, and most importantly, it is essential that the post holder is committed to Greenpeace’s core aims and values and can demonstrate a genuine passion for our mission and enthusiasm for learning more about our campaigns.
Please see the person specification within the Job Pack for further requirements for this role.
CLOSING DATE: 4th February 2013 (mid-day) – INTERVIEWS: 11th February 2013
Greenpeace promotes equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people purely on their skills and abilities.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button