Marketing Officer (Commercial)
We are proud to be recognised as one o fthe best Student's Unions in the UK and the first to be awarded Investors in People Gold. Our mission is simple; help our 11,000 student members love their time at the University of Essex. In this exciting role you will:
* Manage all marketing activity on behalf of the Union's commercial services, including its bars, venues, shops, premises and lettings agency, across the three University of Essex campuses in Colchester, Southend and Loughton.
* Find creative, innovative and fun marketing solutions to suit the needs of the commercial areas.
* Establish and manage excellent relationships with key staff in the commercial services team, maintaining regular contact and making sure that their marketing needs are properly understood and fulfilled;
* Project manage all commercial marketing campaigns to ensure they stick to the agreed schedule and budget;
* Develop annual and terly plans of key marketing projects relating to the Commercial Services team, ensuring all resource requirements are clearly identified
* Work with the Commercial Services team in setting and managing realistic annual marketing budgets and reporting monthly against progress
* Ensure that the Students' Union brand is applied consistently across all of the Commercial Services operations and that they all contribute towards students' understanding of why the Union exists and how it benefits them
* Use market research effectively to ensure that all marketing activity is relevant to the needs of students and the Union's commercial services
* Brief and work with internal and external designers to deliver high quality design work
* Work with the Marketing Manager to identify new suppliers and designers to ensure that the quality of marketing activity remains consistently high
* Work closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to deliver effetive online marketing activity, including on the essextudent.com website and through the Students' Union's social media channels
* Provide updates and reports to the Director of Marketing Communications, as agreed
* Ensure all relevant projects are risk and health and safety asessed
* Work on individual projects as directed by the Director of Marketing Communications or the Marketing Manager
* Attend any meetings relevant to your position
* Work on major projects i.e. Summer Ball, Freshers Fair, across all campuses, as directed by the Director of Marketing Communications
* Research student trends locally and nationally
* Network with relevant University Departments and other Students' Unions nationally
* Direct stuent staff on briefs arising from individual projects and ensure they have clear direction
* Supervise people in a fair and respectful manner
* Work successfully with others to utilise the skills and expertise of colleagues and external bodies to benefit the Marketing Team and the membership of the Students' Union
* Contribute and participate fully in all relevant aspects of Marketing Team activity
* Carry out any training relevant to your position
To join us on this adventure, click the apply button below and apply at www.essexstudent.com/jobs.
Closing date for applications: 22 March 2013.