Propositions Marketing Director - Europe
Head of Propositions Marketing (Europe) - West London/Berkshire - up to 75K plus 6.5K C/A and Bonus!
My client is a well-known technology brand who partners with organisations of all types to provide high availability solutions tailored to their individual needs. For well over a decade, they have been applying the know-how gained from their long heritage in disaster recovery to help keep leading businesses in every major industry, continuously available and in control of their critical systems. The main areas in which they specialise include: Cloud Infrastructure, Managed Hosting, Business Continuity, Consulting and BCM Software.
Reporting into the European Marketing Director, you will be responsible for leading the proposition marketing team to provide appropriate development and market positioning across the Company's full range of services in the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a specific marketing focus for the Company's range of Managed Services (including Hosting and Cloud-based services) for the EMEA operating region, covering market definitions, propositions, launch plans and line development.
As Head of the expanded Proposition Marketing team, (formerly the Product Marketing group) this person will have a key role in helping shape the brand's go-to-market in Europe as they expand their range of service offerings, and geographical presence over the next 3 years.
Overall, you will be responsible for:
- As Head of the European team, manage the development and dissemination of appealing market propositions for the Company's full range of IT and Operational Risk services within EMEA
- Guide the Team in providing business case development and bid support across the Company's full range of services to Product and Sales groups in the EMEA business Region (currently UK and Ireland, France, Benelux, Sweden and India), as appropriate
- In collaboration with the European Marketing Director, and senior Marketing colleagues, help set the overall corporate positioning and go-to-market strategy for SunGard AS in the EMEA region.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for the most active, and fastest growing sub-set of the Company's market offerings - Managed Services (MS) - across Europe, working with customers, prospects, other internal departments and sales channels to ensure that key benefits and capabilities are communicated
- Maintain knowledge base of the European Information Availability market for IT Hosting and virtualised, outsourced IT services through both desk research and understanding of customer requirements and needs.
- Develop appropriate, Europe-wide propositions for both new MS services and line extensions
- Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans working with marketing communications colleagues and other departments to execute: To include, service positioning, key benefits and target (vertical) segmentation of MS services
- Working with Product Development, assess the commercial feasibility of planned new services within the area of MS and contribute accordingly to business case development
- Together with the company product department, develop new solutions/propositions from existing product and service capabilities within the IT Managed Services space
- Ensure that Sales groups are fully equipped and product trained to effectively sell the Company's Managed Services portfolio
- Work with Product Development to analyse and recommend potential partner relationships for the Company's MS Services
Key attributes of the Head of Proposition Marketing - Europe include:
- Firm understanding and experience of the key IT drivers in the European marketplace
- Direct experience of a similar proposition development role in either an IT services organisation or an IT hardware/software vendor
- Minimum of 5 years service propositions/product experience at a senior level
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable presenting ideas to groups
- Creative problems solving abilities
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to motivate a team
- Team management experience.
To apply for the Head of Proposition Marketing - Europe, please click the 'Apply' button.