Business Development Manager
whynot!, a leading integrated marketing agency, has experienced significant growth year on year. As a result we are seeking a dynamic individual to join a progressive and passionate team. As Business Development Manager, you will focus on selling our high quality services to brands primarily in the food & drink sector and in particular FMCG, but with a scope to develop other market opportunities.
You will generate new business relationships and negotiate new income for whynot! to an agreed annual target, to increase year on year. You will be responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting with the support of the wider team. You will actively and successfully manage the sales process from lead generation through to closure.
- Generating leads and efficiently keeping in contact with existing prospects
- Presenting agency credentials and opportunities to senior decision makers
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
- Understanding and keeping up to date with developments in the marketing industry
- Identifying areas for expansion and development
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management
- Delivering against these targets to ensure expectations are met
- Maximising networking opportunities through attendance at events and trade shows
Key attributes include:
- Demonstrable track record in winning business through client facing activities
- Commercially astute with excellent communication skills
- Sales experience ideally in a marketing or brand led background
- Ability to work autonomously and balance multiple projects while meeting quick turnaround deadlines
- Self-starter who is target driven and motivated
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a marketing/agency/media environment and understanding of the industry
- A strong FMCG sales background in food and drink
Click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your application.