Senior Category Manager
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to continue to drive growth across the company through Category Management. This is a new role within the Trading Team, working with our Brand Managers to ensure that our category approach to sales is maintained.
Key tasks for the Senior Category Manager include driving ranging decision making across all key categories, price modelling and monitoring and budget analysis and support based on data and insight tools. The role leads a highly skilled Category Management Team with the objective of developing a reputation of being famous for leading commercial insight with the aim of maximising profit and minimising risk for the business.
Key Job Responsibilities are below.
• Ensure effective analysis, review and action cycle is in place across all key categories through a clear range review process, aligned with the Purchasing team
• Maximise rebates via purchasing income and working with Brand Team comply contractually with SSP ranging policies
• Work with Brand Managers to ensure that a value, core and premium approach is applied to ranging
• Ensure that all cost price changes are tracked and recommendations to Brand Managers using a RAG approach
• Ensure that profit modelling tool is kept up to date and used to drive decision making
• Coordinate and make recommendations for budgeting based on data and market insight
Promotional Planning and Analysis
• Ensure that regular updates and reports are completed effectively and distributed on time
• Ensure that weekly trading review pack is completed and distributed on time
• Identify and deliver new promotional activity opportunities to drive transactional growth
• Drive commercial understanding of promotional and brand activity and propose adjustments to activity plans
• Share category insight with key suppliers and stakeholders
• Lead and develop the Category Management Team – managing the individual and team performance to deliver business objectives
• Work in partnership with Purchasing Team and Brand Team to deliver the best solutions for the business
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders within the business to build and support the visibility and reputation of the Marketing team
• Extensive category management and pricing experience
• Degree level or above in business / marketing with additional marketing or category management qualifications
• Commercially numerate and astute with advanced IT skills
• Proven proactive approach to driving brand sales & profit
• Previous line management experience and management of a team
• Excellent presentation skills – written & verbal
• Track record in delivering sales & profit through brand and category management
• Detailed knowledge of all elements of brand and category management and development
• Detailed knowledge of sales, profit & margin and marketing KPI’s
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you a rewarding and vibrant working environment, real and achievable career opportunities and excellent training and development to enhance your existing skills. You'll receive up to £45,000 salary and bonus incentives (up to 20% company bonus) contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, life assurance, child care vouchers.