Account/ Event Manager
Job Description – Account Manager
We’re on the outlook for some incredible people to join our team and deliver outstanding events. We’re hunting for energetic, innovative, optimistic Account Managers with a passion for delivering outstanding events. The right candidate will work on an array of events including advisory boards, investigator meetings, sales conferences, award dinners, product launches and incentives.
To manage client accounts and deliver their events; providing an incredibly high quality professional service including planning resources and implementation; always exceeding client expectations. Always on the outlook to innovate our service offering and spot new business opportunities.
- Operations Director
- Managing Director and staff
- External clients and customers
- Marketing / Business Development Director
Key requirements and skills of the position are
- Proven track record of managing client accounts and delivering a range of events.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience of online registration systems and ability to adapt to technology
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Optimistic attitude and demonstrating a passion for events
- Ability to travel to manage events on site
Main Day to Day Duties
- Events – the management of an event from start to final invoice, including budgeting and invoicing in line with client procedures, client meetings and TC’s, Site visits, reporting, onsite, travel, resourcing staff
- Account Management – Forging and maintain excellent relationships with Clients.
- Adding value to clients’ events through advising on beneficial additional services; creative ideas; business solutions and negotiation with 3rd party suppliers in order to achieve maximum contribution
- Office administration: filing of correspondence, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, answering the telephone, passing on messages, maintaining stationery as appropriate
- Venue sourcing direct with suppliers or via clients’ own preferred suppliers
- Liaison and negotiation with suppliers including hotels, ground agents, production companies, congress secretariats etc
- Design and build websites for web registration and information
- Delegate management
- Preparation and finalization of event documentation including proposals, worksheets, delegate correspondence, access reports, on site materials etc
- Travel bookings via the travel department or via clients’ own preferred suppliers
- Representing the agency on-site and carrying out duties as requested
- Review supplier contracts and sign on behalf of our clients (where applicable)
- Responsibility for event budgets and final accounts
- Seeking new business leads and proactively marketing the agency– to include presenting to current and new clients.
- Adherence and development of our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy with the Marketing / Business Development Director
- Maintaining a close relationship with key client stakeholders to develop, build and maintain the client account.
- Where possible, covering for other Managers/Directors when they are absent from the office.
Interpersonal Skills Required For Effective Performance in the Role
- Effective team worker
- Excellent presentation skills
- Business acumen in the development of current and new business
- Confident face-to-face and telephone communicator