Head of Marketing – SyFy
The Head of Marketing – SyFy is one of 3 Heads of Marketing reporting to the VP Marketing in Universal Networks International.
You will lead the marketing team in developing an integrated, full mix marketing strategy, and execute supporting plans for the channel brand, which are consistent with the global brand vision. This will definitely include digital, including social media, paid digital media and a UK website: www.syfy.co.uk
However, alongside the VP Marketing, responsibility also extends to leading & owning the pulling together of the overall strategy & plans for the Universal Channel in the UK. You will do this by working with functional experts across the business whether that be on air communications, commercial marketing, partnerships, programming, product development, research, tech lab, international marketing & PR, as well as incorporating your own area of expertise in brand and marketing.
This role has responsibility for a team of 3.
Is it for you?
- We’re looking for a Change-maker: a credible & tenacious individual who will challenge the status quo and facilitate change through the organization. It goes without saying you are self-motivated & driven.
- We need a Relationship Builder: an excellent communicator and influencer who builds strong networks and relationships internally and externally
- It’s essential to be Creative: you have a strong creative eye & proven delivery of creative excellence as well as the ability to inspire and drive excellence in design and brand development. You are also always looking for new and improved ways of doing things.
- And we’d like a Data Lover: a person who is able to turn data, whether qual or quant, into insight and develop simple, strong persuasive messaging to feed creative briefs and develop strong sales stories.
- We’re looking for a Technophile: are you someone who loves technology and its application to marketing and content.
- And also an Inspirational Juggler: a leader who can organize, manage and motivate a team to deliver to deadlines, can juggle priorities and can handle a demanding workload in a changing environment.
- Lastly, a Telly addict: you’re passionate about TV (particularly US content) with an excellent understanding of the UK TV market.