Evidon releases website tracking detection tool
Evidon, the online privacy compliance company, has released a tool for website owners to detect cookies and other tracking activity on their sites and benchmark it against their peer group.
Scott Meyer: founder and CEO of Evidon
Evidon Encompass helps businesses comply with the European Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive, which is set to be enforced in the UK from May.
It shows website owners activity from cookies, scripts, tags, pixels and device fingerprinting, as well as detail on the nature of each tracker, how it affects the site and how intrusive it is to consumers.
Website owners can also benchmark their site performance against their peer group, relative to the amount of and types of tracking on their sites.
Evidon has a detailed library of more than 800 profiles of companies that collect and use data in any way. It also collects information on web pages and tracking code from its 300,000-strong panel of users who have installed its consumer-facing Ghostery browser extension.
Ghostery shows users who is tracking their online activity and allows them to block third-party tracking.
Total downloads of Ghostery, which is free, have passed five million since its launch in 2008.
Scott Meyer, founder and CEO of Evidon, said: "We're able to combine our unmatched detection capabilities to enable companies to decide how intrusive each tracker is, and to decide which trackers are good for their business."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Brand Marketing, Youth Travel (7 mth FTC) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Kingston upon Thames
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West