Trading places: this week's people moves
James Murdoch resigns his News International executive chairman role and Tesco promotes Carolyn Bradley to group brand director, in Brand Republic's round-up of this week's people moves in advertising, marketing and media.
James Murdoch: resigns as News International executive chairman
18 Feet & Rising has hired the JWT Sydney creative group head, Stephen de Wolf, as a creative director. (Campaign)
Marc Giusti, the group chief digital officer at Leo Burnett, is leaving the agency to pursue an as-yet-undisclosed new venture. (Campaign)
The7stars has partnered with John Ayling & Associates director Richard Cox and planner Deidre MacNair to launch a media and experiential agency, to be called The Village Communications. (Campaign)
Lloyds Banking Group marketer Joe Clift has left the high-street bank after three years with the organisation. (Marketing)
Tesco has appointed David Wood to be its UK marketing director, following the promotion of Carolyn Bradley to group brand director. (Marketing)
MediaCom has promoted former head of TV Phil Hall and MediaCom Beyond Advertising managing partner Kirsti Wenn, to joint heads of investment. (Campaign)
Initiative, the Interpublic media network, has appointed Jim Hytner as its worldwide chief executive. (Media Week)
James Murdoch, deputy chief operating officer of News Corporation, has resigned from the executive chairman role of the group's UK newspaper arm, News International. (Media Week)
David Rey is leaving News International to become managing director of Sky Business, the division tasked with building the broadcaster's links with commercial venues such as pubs, shops and hotels.(Media Week)
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...