Radio Times hires Hello! ad director
Immediate Media has appointed Hello! magazine ad director Jacque O'Donnell to the position of Radio Times advertising director, which was left vacant when incumbent Andrew Mercer left after 12 years at the helm.
Jacque O'Donnell: appointed advertising director at Radio Times
O’Donnell will be responsible for advertising across all print and digital elements of the Radio Times brand and will report to Immediate Media advertising managing director Matt Teeman, when she takes up the role on 15 May.
O’Donnell said: "Radio Times is a powerful brand with a fantastic audience that will only get stronger as the multimedia proposition develops."
Mercer departed in December following the Christmas double issue, just weeks after the completion of the transfer of Radio Times and several other magazines to private equity company Exponent, which named the new magazine company Immediate Media.
Speaking of his departure, Mercer said: "Earlier this year, after 12 years at the helm in the Radio Times ad sales team, I took the decision that the time was right to move on – and the change of ownership at BBC Magazines seemed the opportune time to do so."
Radio Times' ABC for the July-December 2011 period was 960,839 copies, down 3.7% year on year.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...