William and Kate win legal case over Closer France
Closer France has been ordered to hand over all digital copies of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge by a French court today, which has also blocked the further publication of the images in France.
The decision backs the legal action taken by Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, to crack down after the publication of the pictures.
Representatives at St James' Palace described the photos as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable", last week.
The Closer brand is licensed to the French magazine publisher Mondadori under an agreement with Bauer Media.
Bauer Media’s chief executive Paul Keenan told Media Week on Friday he was "very disappointed" that Closer had run the pictures and was seeking urgent talks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...