American Express backs C4 'Hidden Talent' documentary series
American Express is using a six-part, branded-content series on Channel 4 to boost awareness of its 'Realise the potential' positioning.
American Express: six-part series on Channel 4
The ‘Hidden Talent’ documentary series, which will air in the coming weeks, was co-created by Amex and production company Silver River. Hosted by Richard Bacon, it will explore the hidden talents of ordinary people, including language learning, opera singing and free diving.
Viewers will also be able to take part in a series of interactive tasks to uncover their own hidden abilities. The content will be hosted on a Facebook page, as well as a dedicated page on the Channel 4 website.
Amex will run bumpers around the episodes, featuring a series of ‘quirky animated animal adventures’. It will also support the show with online and PR activity.
The brand embarked upon its ‘Realise the potential’ strategy in 2009, backed by animated ads by Ogilvy. The campaign was intended to reinvent Amex for a new audience of affluent consumers looking to live ‘rounded, enriched lives’.
Lisa Gervis, vice-president of brand and customer management at Amex, said the show would provide a ‘great opportunity’ to showcase its brand message that ‘life is richer and more rewarding when untapped possibilities are explored’.
The deal was brokered by Mindshare Worldwide and FremantleMedia Enterprises.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...