Sky brings back 60s ads for Mad Men launch
Sky Atlantic is celebrating the launch of series five of the US drama series Mad Men on 27 March with ad breaks that will contain only 60s commercials.
Fairy: its ad from the 60s featured Ash (left) and Newman
Viewers will see famous UK advertising from the decade including the Fairy liquid spot featuring Nanette Newman and Leslie Ash.
Other ads that will run during the first episode include Cadbury's Milk Tray, Tetley, Citroën and Kit Kat.
Some of the spots will be from the US to reflect the programme's content and Sky Atlantic's offering. These will include 60s ads from American Airlines and Pringles.
Mad Men launches as a double-bill on Sky Atlantic two days after its US transmission. Sky Media, Sky's advertising division, negotiated the use of the classic ads with advertisers and their agencies.
Sky is also supporting the new series with a specially commissioned documentary, Ad Men, looking at the British admen who changed the industry in the 60s.
Nick Milligan, the managing director of Sky Media, said: "Taking our inspiration from the series, we wanted to give our viewers the opportunity to enjoy ads from the era of Mad Men and to create real event programming."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...