OMC creates new board membership tier
The Outdoor Media Centre has announced the creation of a new board membership tier, recognising growth and innovation across the sector.
Jeremy Male: chairman of the OMC
This follows a successful vote of approval by OMC members. The six companies joining the board are Admedia, blowUP, Eye Corp, Ocean Outdoor, Outdoor Plus, and Ubiquitous. These companies reflect a wide range of media not presently covered by the OMC’s Council.
Board members are those associate members who have grown their revenues significantly in recent times and who now step up to a higher level of subscription funding, in exchange for recognition and the opportunity to help steer OMC activities.
Jeremy Male, chairman of the OMC, said: "This is a great step forward as outdoor continues to grow and diversify. We welcome the new board members and are confident they will make the OMC stronger."
The board has the right to appoint two members to sit on the OMC’s Council and standing committees (marketing, public policy, health and safety, and environment).
Council members remain as before: CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel, JCDecaux and Primesight.
Mike Baker, chief executive officer of the Outdoor Media Centre, said: "We aim to grow the number of board members in future as successful companies grow in scale and stature. The new structure also has the benefit of ensuring affordable fees for our smaller members."
The Outdoor Media Centre provides media planners with data, argument, and audiovisual support. Together, the OMC's 33 members account for more than 95% of outdoor media expenditure.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...