Airport media owner Eye UK put up for sale
The UK arm of Eye, the airport media owner, is up for sale, after its parent group Ten Network Holdings agreed a deal to sell the global outdoor business Eye Corp to private equity-backed oOh!media.
Ten Network: parent company puts Eye UK up for sale
Ten has confirmed it has agreed to sell Eye Corp, excluding onerous contracts worth around AUD $16m (£10.6m), to Outdoor Media Operations (OMO), owner of oOh!media, for up to AUD $145m (£96.1m).
The deal is subject to regulatory approval in Australia, which is expected to take around three months.
Australia-based OMO plans to sell the UK business, which sells outdoor ads in a number of UK airports including Gatwick, Stansted and Manchester, and the US business onto a third party.
In a statement Ten said it will assist OMO in attempts to sell the US and UK operations of Eye to appropriate third parties. If they are not sold in the agreed time Ten will reacquire them for "nominal consideration".
It is understood that Ten and OMO-backer Champ Private Equity have had initial conversations with potential buyers of the UK business, including digital outdoor specialist ECNlive.
Ten, which is predominantly a TV business, said it will have an economic exposure to the outcome of the sale of the US and UK operations and, until sold, the funding of those operations.
James Warburton, chief executive and managing director, Ten, said: "We are pleased with the outcome of the strategic review of Eye that was announced on March 19.
"Successful completion of the transaction with OMO will be good news for Ten.
"It will make our balance sheet stronger by further reducing debt and will give us additional opportunity to invest in the creative renewal of Ten’s television content."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...