Big Brother final audience down by a quarter to 1.5 million
Transsexual Luke Anderson's victory in the latest series of 'Big Brother' helped the show bow out with 1.5 million viewers last night, a quarter less than tuned in to the final of last year's series.
Big Brother winner Luke Anderson hugs a fellow contestant
According to unofficial overnight figures, ‘Big Brother: The Final’ got an average audience of 1.48 million on Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD between 9pm and 10.30pm last night, a 6.6% share.
An additional average of 51, 516 viewers watched the final of the Schwarzkopf-sponsored show an hour later on Channel 5 +1.
The final of last year’s ‘civilian’ series of ‘Big Brother’ had an overnight audience of 2.05 million viewers on 11 November, while the final of the celebrity version was watched by 3.03 million viewers in January.
According to figures supplied by Channel 5, an average audience of 1.6 million viewers watched this series of ‘Big Brother’, slightly below last year’s average of 1.7 million but a decent performance for Channel 5 against the Olympics.
The current series is being investigated by Ofcom after complaints about bullying and racism. An Ofcom spokesman said the investigation was ongoing.
Elsewhere last night the most watched channel at 9pm was BBC One.
‘EastEnders’ had an average of 6.72 million viewers between 9pm and 9.30pm, while ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys’ was watched by 4.85 million between 9.30pm and 10pm.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...