Lebedev's i readies October TV push
Alexander Lebedev's cut-price i newspaper is set to embark on an above-the-line marketing push in October, fronted by a major TV campaign.
Alexander Lebedev: owner of the i newspaper
The 20p i newspaper, in line with other national newspapers, is thought to have enjoyed a strong summer, benefiting from its coverage of the Olympics.
The move indicates that owner Lebedev is willing to further invest in the paper, despite the difficult economic climate.
The creative is expected to be similar to the campaign the paper ran earlier this year, celebrity-free and themed around the benefits of reading the title.
The ad campaign will be created by McCann London.
Final details of the creative are now being finalised, but it is likely to be firmly aimed at encouraging new readers.
According to audited figures, the i registered a circulation of 280,122 in July this year, compared to 173,165 the year before.
The i newspaper declined to comment.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region