Lebedev's i readies October TV push
Alexander Lebedev's cut-price i newspaper is set to embark on an above-the-line marketing push in October, fronted by a major TV campaign.
Alexander Lebedev: owner of the i newspaper
The 20p i newspaper, in line with other national newspapers, is thought to have enjoyed a strong summer, benefiting from its coverage of the Olympics.
The move indicates that owner Lebedev is willing to further invest in the paper, despite the difficult economic climate.
The creative is expected to be similar to the campaign the paper ran earlier this year, celebrity-free and themed around the benefits of reading the title.
The ad campaign will be created by McCann London.
Final details of the creative are now being finalised, but it is likely to be firmly aimed at encouraging new readers.
According to audited figures, the i registered a circulation of 280,122 in July this year, compared to 173,165 the year before.
The i newspaper declined to comment.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...