Elle steps up digital strategy with the launch of mobile site
Elle has launched its first-ever mobile site in response to the increasing number of magazine readers viewing content on their phones.
Elle: rolls out mobile site
The mobile site, which is now live, has been built in response to "increasing demand" from Elle readers and digital users for premium content on multiple platforms.
According to audited figures, elleuk.com, the brand's website, has in excess of 450,000 unique users a month.
The mobile site aims to capture Elle’s content in a "succinct and stylish" package, the publisher said.
It features fully optimised videos of some of Elle's best beauty and fashion tutorial videos and exclusive behind the scenes footage.
Users can also shop online at elleuk.com directly from their handheld device.
The mobile launch is the latest in a run of recent digital ventures for the magazine. Earlier this year ellleuk.com ran behind-the-scenes footage of David Beckham's LA cover shoot.
The magazine also announced Kristen Stewart as the main feature of its June issue via Twitter.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "Our new optimised mobile site sits alongside our website and printed magazine to provide our readers with a truly 360 Elle experience, and also re-affirms our position as the most digitally innovative luxury fashion magazine in the marketplace."
Meribeth Parker, Elle group publishing director, said: "Elle is already a market leader at delivering multi-channel solutions.
"With the new mobile site, we will be able to deliver even stronger consumer engagement with the Elle brand."
Elle is published by Heart Magazines UK.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Uxbridge
- Online Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum + Up To £45,000, London
- Account Executive - top agency, Liverpool Perfect Marketing People To £20k, Liverpool
- Graphic Designer / Creative Artworker The Workhouse Negotiable depending on experience , Swindon, Wiltshire