NI unveils Sunday Times Driving classified site
News International is to call its new classified advertising site Sunday Times Driving and will support the launch with a major above-the-line campaign, as it looks to pinch market share from rival Auto Trader.
Sunday Times Driving: NI readies website launch
Sunday Times Driving, which will sell second-hand premium cars, will launch next month (October) and marks a significant move by News International into the classified advertising site.
Auto Trader has just launched an ad campaign trumpeting its digital credentials amid an imminent rival from News International.
The major above-the-line campaign by News International will be preceded by a teaser campaign by News International’s Team News, which also created the main campaign.
As part of the promotional activity, consumers who visit www.driving.co.uk and register for the new site are offered the chance to win a one-day driving experience with Land Rover.
The launch is likely to be backed by a significant marketing spend, as chairman Rupert Murdoch is hoping it will help make The Sunday Times profitable. The paper, together with The Times, loses more than £40m a year.
Will Handley, head of marketing at Sunday Times Driving, said: "NI is returning to a traditional form of revenue generation by establishing a classified site for premium cars.
"Unlike other classified ad sites it will contain editorial including news and features, used car reviews as well as an advice and review section."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...