£3.2bn Aegis-Dentsu deal cleared by UK regulator
The Office of Fair Trading has cleared the £3.2bn acquisition of Aegis by Japanese advertising group Dentsu.
Dentsu president and CEO Tadashi Ishii and Aegis chief executive Jerry Buhlmann
The £3.2bn combination was not generally expected to raise any significant concerns in the UK, where the Japanese company's limited presence in advertising, digital creative and digital media is not perceived as overlapping with Aegis’ focus on media planning and buying.
Canada has also cleared the combination though Chinese regulators are still examining it.
Aegis and Dentsu are aiming to complete the deal in the fourth quarter of this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London