Facebook partners with Datalogix for ad tracking project
Facebook is working with data company Datalogix on a project that involves tracking visitors online buying habits after they have visited the social networking site and been exposed to its commercial messages.
Facebook: boosts commercial opportunities
The partnership comes as Facebook comes under growing pressure to prove the value of its advertising model to the market and investors.
Datalogix has bought data from around 70 million US households, primarily drawn from loyalty cards at more than 1,000 retailers.
By matching information gathered from these cards against emails or other information used to establish Facebook accounts, Datalogix claims it can track whether people purchased a product after viewing an ad on Facebook.
The emails and other information are made anonymous and collected into groups of people who either saw and ad or those whose didn’t see an ad.
According to the report, Facebook said it was paying Datalogix for the data matching. It is unclear if Facebook would undertake a similar project in the UK.
Earlier this month, Facebook kicked off a trial to serve ads on third-party mobile apps, creating in effect a mobile ad network and putting it in direct competition with Apple and Google.
Facebook was unavailable for comment. The original report appeared in the Financial Times.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director (Interim or Perm) Stopgap £45000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...