Time Inc senior executive denies IPC is up for sale
Evelyn Webster, executive vice president of Time Inc's lifestyle group, has denied long-running speculation that the company is considering the sale of the UK magazine unit, which houses titles such as NME, Marie Claire and Look, confirming "IPC is not being sold".
Evelyn Webster: executive vice president of Time Inc's lifestyle group
Webster, the former chief executive of IPC, has been given overall responsibility for IPC as part of a restructure at Time Inc.
She will take control of IPC, in addition to her role as vice president of Lifestyle Group at Time Inc,
Sylvia Auton, the current chief executive of IPC will continue in her role but will now report directly into Webster.
Auton previously reported into Laura Lang, chief executive of Time Inc.
IPC and Time Inc's lifestyle division, which houses titles such as Cooking Night, Southern Living, and Coastal Living, have long been seen as a possible sales target but Webster has rebuffed this suggestion.
Webster told Media Week: "No, IPC is not being sold. IPC is a core part of Time Inc's business."
The restructure comes amid a series of changes at the company, including the promotion of Paul Caine, chief revenue officer, to the role of group president.
Webster said: "The changes announced, giving me responsibility for IPC, is to ensure that IPC benefits from the many new initiatives that Time Inc is investing in around next generation products and services, products and solutions, new consumer products and services, new technology and partnerships."
Webster rose to the position of chief executive at IPC before being promoted to a senior executive role at Time Inc in January 2011.
She was originally appointed to the role of chief executive at IPC Media in 2008, when she replaced Sylvia Auton.
Previously, she was managing director of IPC connect, IPC's women's weekly division.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...