Carat hires Skive's Anne McCreary as digital strategy director
Carat has appointed Anne McCreary, currently lead digital strategist at digital agency Skive, in the new role of digital strategy director, following the departure of head of social Ben Ayers.
Anne McCreary: new role of digital strategy director at Carat
McCreary will apply her expertise in social dynamics to help Carat clients make the most of opportunities offered by digital platforms, including mobile and social media.
Initially, McCreary will be charged with working with Carat's sponsorship and media buying teams to devise strategies across the GM business, including Vauxhall. She will report to Lisa Story, head of Carat’s creative and strategic innovation unit.
McCreary has been a lead digital strategist at Skive since September 2011, responsible for developing the agency's strategic offering. She has been involved in successful pitches for Nestle Aero and Aviva Health.
Prior to stints as a digital and social media strategist at Brando Social and Wunderman, McCreary was founder and lead strategist at PR agency Fresh Communications from 1999 until August 2008.
Tracy De Groose, managing director at Carat, said: "Our work needs to be powered by specialists across a variety of disciplines. We actively recruit the best talent from a wide range of backgrounds and Anne’s social expertise, with a focus on social data and creativity, will add huge value to our offering, further enhancing the media solutions that Carat delivers to make a real impact on our client’s business."
Ayers left Carat in August to take up the role of head of PR at Blinkbox.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex