Netflix seals exclusive future US TV rights to Disney films
Netflix has struck a major deal with Walt Disney to become its exclusive TV partner with distribution rights to its movies, including those from Pixar and Marvel, in the US.
Netflix: signs exclusive TV partner deal with Disney
The deal means Netflix will be able to stream new Disney films, from 2016, as soon as seven months after they appear cinemas.
It will also start streaming library titles, such as 'Dumbo' and 'Alice in Wonderland', immediately.
Netflix is replacing cable company Starz as part of the deal, which is the first time a major studio has bypassed cable TV for film distribution.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed by either company.
In the UK last month, BSkyB has signed a multi-year deal with NBCUniversal for the rights to current, upcoming and library feature films from Universal Pictures, shutting out rivals LoveFilm and Netflix from new films such as 'Anna Karenina'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Analytical Marketing Manager Badenoch & Clark £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...