HTC appoints OMG to handle £100m international media
HTC is understood to have appointed Omnicom Media Group to its £100 million global media planning and buying business after a pitch.
HTC: likely to work with several OMG media networks
It is likely that HTC will work with more than one of OMG’s media networks in order to avoid conflict with the group’s other clients, which include Sony Mobile and Apple.
Publicis Groupe’s Zenith-Optimedia is the incumbent on HTC’s £10 million UK planning and buying business and also handles parts of Asia, including China. Deutsch Los Angeles is responsible for media in North America.
The bulk of HTC’s media spend is thought to be in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and the biggest market in Asia is said to be China.
Mother was appointed as HTC’s global creative and strategic lead in October 2011. Its first work, called "soundwave", promoted the launch of HTC’s Sensation XL Android mobile phone.
In Europe, HTC also works with the digital shop Profero and the integrated agency Saatchi & Saatchi X.
In November 2012, Apple and HTC ended their battle in the ongoing patent war between handset manufacturers, and settled all global lawsuits about patent infringements with a ten-year licensing agreement.
ZenithOptimedia and OMG declined to comment. HTC did not respond to a request for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...