Media Bitch's Diary 6 December
This week, Bitch has a day out at the zoo with Arena Media, waits for Clear Channel to whip it all off, and points out a rather irritating problem at The Sunday Times.
Jo Blake: Arena Media's head of press with new penguin friend at London Zoo
It's all happening at the zoo
News has come to this girl that last week no less that five of her little poppets from Arena Media took the £2m win of the Zoological Society London to new heights, learning to be zookeepers for the day at London Zoo.
Bitch hears that the Arena "zookeepers" spent the day playing with penguins, tidying up after zealous zebras, preparing snacks for pygmy hippos, and serving up supper for giraffes, meerkats, lemurs, llamas and piranhas. The five – who survived with all 50 fingers intact – were Arena's head of press, Jo Blake; group business director, Chris Armond; senior client planner Rhiannon Moore; Olya Yartseva, media executive, and Adam Boucid, TV buyer.
Let's face it my little cherubs – anyone who has gone through the Christmas trading season is going to be quite used to a zoo-type atmosphere, and that is such a good look for you Jo darling.
Set for a close shave
Looks like those boys (and strangely, some of the girls) at Clear Channel have pulled out all the stops for cancer charities. There were an amazing 178 trainee porn stars – sorry, Bitch means Movember participants – including UK chief executive Matthew Dearden, who sported a rather bushy number, but was counting the days before he could whip it all off, according to this girl's sources.
All 13 major depots and offices coordinated activities through official Mo Reps, driving participation and fundraising, with more than £10,000 raised for men's health charities. In fact, Clear Channel employees were the 24th highest-ranking team (in terms of money raised for charity) out of 30,814 in the UK. Well done my little hairy types.
Itching for coverage
Bitch is a little worried about all the requests she is getting to cover the new Sunday Times driving website that rivals The Guardian’s Autotrader, so she thought she’d point out one little flaw. According to one of her industry sources last week, someone picked up the phone and instead of using The Sunday Times Driving.co.uk, accidentally answered with the acronym STD.
She's sure it was only a slip of the tongue, but let's hope that doesn't happen too often…
Well, the Christmas season starts with a vengeance my little elves and don't be afraid to tell Bitch what Santa has for you in his bulging sack.
Until next week
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)