Sunday Times to stream live Lance Armstrong scoop outside paywall
News International is to live stream a discussion about Sunday Times writer David Walsh's battle to prove Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat outside of the Sunday Times paywall.
Sunday Times: to drop paywall for discussion on Lance Armstrong revelations
News International will screen the one-off event outside of the paywall, as News International uses the event as a marketing exercise to lure in new paid-for subscribers to the site.
Earlier this year News International took the paywall down during the Queens's Diamond Jubilee.
Walsh will discuss his 13-year fight to prove seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong used drugs to win the cycling event during a live stream of a Times+ event hosted by The Sunday Times news review editor Alan Hunter.
The event is being live streamed after tickets for the live discussion, which is taking place at 7.45pm on Thursday (13 December), sold out.
Viewers watching the discussion at home will be able to ask Walsh a question via Twitter using the hasthtag #WalshLive.
Armstrong's fall from the grace this year has dominated sports headlines and resulted in Walsh being named British Journalist of the Year and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)