GNM hires former ITV marketer Julia Porter as consumer revenues director
Guardian News and Media (GNM), publisher of the Guardian and The Observer, has hired former ITV marketer Julia Porter to the role of director of consumer revenues.
The Guardian: owner GNM appoints Julia Porter director of consumer revenues.
Porter, who has been working in the role on an interim basis, takes up the position permanently in January.
She will report to chief commercial officer David Pempsel and will have a focus on driving up subscriptions and brand extension opportunities.
The Guardian reported a circulation of 203,592 in November, of which 46,898 were through subscriptions.
Prior to The Guardian, where she has been working for the past five months, Porter was interim chief marketing officer at brand asset management company Adgistics.
Before this she was commercial marketing director at ITV for five and a half years.
She is currently a non-executive director for the Direct Marketing Association, and in the past, was a non-executive director for Freeview and Thinkbox.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire