Absolute Radio signs Green Flag as traffic and travel sponsor
Absolute Radio has signed up breakdown service Green Flag as the first sponsor of its traffic and travel bulletins in a six-figure deal.
Green Flag: sponsors Absolute Radio's traffic and travel bulletins
The six-month deal will run from 7 January to 7 July and the creative will centre on the message, "Keeping you moving, whatever it takes".
Absolute Radio will also run sponsorship trails for a series of 'Pit Stops' Green Flag is running around the UK, where it will offer public tutorials on changing oil, water and general advice on vehicle maintenance.
A brand takeover of the Traffic and Travel page on the Absolute Radio website is also part of the sponsorship package.
Lauren Croly, senior planner and buyer of investment at MediaCom, and Emma Smyth, head of sponsorship at Absolute Radio, brokered the deal.
Green Flag's sponsorship ties in with its brand promise that it will arrive on the scene of an emergency within 60 minutes, with customers receiving 50% off their next renewal if the promise is not fulfilled.
Creative for the sponsorship has been handled by CHI & Partners and tells the story of a man who breaks down as he tries to make it home in time for his child's bath time.
The deal follows December's news that Absolute Radio owner Bennett, Coleman & Co has re-entered discussions with potential buyers, after calling off a sale last year.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London