Nescafé strikes partnership with Bauer stations
Nescafé Original has signed a six-figure partnership with Bauer Media to sponsor the Magic 105.4 and Key 103 breakfast shows and run a weekly competition across the Place portfolio.
Neil Fox: presents Magic Breakfast on Magic 105.4 (photo: Matt Prince)
The activity was planned and bought by Mindshare on behalf of the Nestlé-owned coffee brand.
The six-month campaign starts today and will run online and on-air across the Bauer Place Portfolio of city-based radio stations.
However, its main activity will involve sponsored 10-second credits running throughout 'Magic Breakfast' with Neil Fox and Verity Geere, and Key 103’s breakfast show ‘Mike & Chelsea In The Morning’.
A Nescafé tag will also be played every morning before the 'Foxy’s Jukebox' feature and the DJ will encourage listeners to take part in a Nescafé Original competition by sharing a song that will kick start their day.
The competition prize will be a trip across London in Foxy's helicopter.
The 'Kick Start Your Day' campaign will also be extended across the Place Portfolio. Each Monday, the breakfast presenters across the stations will play a listener's ‘Kick Start Your Week’ tracks before directing listeners to the online competition.
According to the Rajar figures for the third quarter of 2012, Magic 105.4 has the widest reach of any commercial station in London, with an average of 2.2 million listeners a week.
The Bauer Place Portfolio, which includes stations such as Radio Aire in Leeds and Metro Radio in Newcastle, reaches 8.6 million adults each week across the UK.
Karen Stacey, broadcast sales director at Bauer Media, said: "This branded sponsorship deal is a great example of how advertisers can use Bauer Media to reach both national and local audiences across the UK.
"Our audiences feel more connected, involved and engaged with our radio stations compared to our competitors, and it's this connection that makes this campaign a perfect fit for Nescafé, allowing them to reach our specially created breakfast shows across the UK."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London