Guardian teams up with VisitEngland for travel push
The Guardian is kicking off a significant push for its travel content that will include publishing dedicated editorial supplements and strengthening its online travel offering.
The Guardian: partnering with VisitEngland to promote its travel content
The Guardian has teamed up with VisitEngland for a three-month partnership called 'Think Of England'.
The main elements of the campaign, which was planned and bought through MediaCom, include six themed editorial supplements and a video series presented by the writer Marcel Theroux, showcasing ‘hidden England".
In addition, The Guardian travel site will be launching an England tab, in which all archived, current and future England-related Guardian travel content will be included.
Overall, the campaign will promote a number of themes that aim to highlight some of the best holiday experiences on offer in England, including romantic cities, cultural cities, coastal escapes and active outdoors.
The themes have been chosen by VisitEngland, which is working in partnership with a number of destinations around the country to promote the wide variety and breadth of experience on offer to visitors.
The Guardian activity kicked off with a 28-page calendar distributed on January 5, and the activity will be supported by promotional activity in the newspaper. This includes promotional ads in the main paper, and digital ads on guardian.co.uk and across The Guardian's mobile site.
Coverwraps will also be used to promote England as a must-see destination on The Guardian's weekday supplement G2, and in the travel supplements in The Guardian on Saturday.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...