International Herald Tribune to become The International New York Times
The New York Times is to rebrand its international newspaper, the International Herald Tribune, as The International New York Times.
IHT: to be rebranded as The International New York Times
The New York Times Company bought the remaining 50% of the IHT, which was previously owned by the Washington Post, in 2003, and the latest changes will bring the two papers even closed together.
The International Herald Tribune has had three different names in its 125-year history, and "New York" was in its title for 80 years.
All platforms of The International New York Times will continue to be edited from its offices in Hong Kong, Paris, London and New York, and further details will be announced in the coming months.
Mark Thompson, president and chief executive of The New York Times Company, and former director general of the BBC, said, "Today’s announcement comes after a thorough evaluation of our place in the global arena.
"Based on that analysis, we believe there is significant potential to grow the number of New York Times subscribers outside of the United States."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)