International Herald Tribune to become The International New York Times
The New York Times is to rebrand its international newspaper, the International Herald Tribune, as The International New York Times.
IHT: to be rebranded as The International New York Times
The New York Times Company bought the remaining 50% of the IHT, which was previously owned by the Washington Post, in 2003, and the latest changes will bring the two papers even closed together.
The International Herald Tribune has had three different names in its 125-year history, and "New York" was in its title for 80 years.
All platforms of The International New York Times will continue to be edited from its offices in Hong Kong, Paris, London and New York, and further details will be announced in the coming months.
Mark Thompson, president and chief executive of The New York Times Company, and former director general of the BBC, said, "Today’s announcement comes after a thorough evaluation of our place in the global arena.
"Based on that analysis, we believe there is significant potential to grow the number of New York Times subscribers outside of the United States."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Ecommerce and CRM Manager Spotlight Recruitment negotiable, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...